Oriel College is excited to be hosting four one-night Residential Programmes over the Easter holidays!
Their Modern Languages and Linguistics Study Day, aimed at students considering degrees in various combinations of Modern Languages or Modern Languages and Linguistics, is taking place on 25-26th March.
The programme is designed to support Year 12 students from non-selective state schools in the UK who are considering degrees at highly selective universities like the University of Oxford. Participants will experience subject sessions, applications workshops, and opportunities to work with academics at the University of Oxford.
All expenses (accommodation at Oriel, meals, and activities) will be funded by the college. Reasonable travel costs to Oxford to attend a residential programme will also be reimbursed.
Who can apply?
Residential Programme applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Currently in Year 12 at a UK state school
- Predicted A-Level grades equivalent to the University of Oxford’s standard offer for the relevant course (see the university website for full details)
- Interested in studying a degree level course in Modern Languages or Modern Languages and Linguistics.
Previous programmes have been oversubscribed, so applications will also be prioritised based on the following criteria:
- Studying at a non-selective (comprehensive) state school
- Studying at a school with limited history of progression to Oxbridge
- Home postcode
- Receipt of Free School Meals/Pupil Premium
Applicants are also welcome to notify the college of any other relevant personal circumstances in the sign-up form.
The application form is available here. The closing date for applications for is midnight on Saturday 9th March 2024.
If you have any questions about the programme, please email the Outreach Officer for Oriel College, Arron O’Connor, via firstname.lastname@example.org.